I am being ambitious this year.....let's see how it goes!
1. To stick up for myself. I don’t want to worry about the future, and the what-ifs. However, if something comes up, I give myself permission to say no, or that it won’t work, or even that I don’t want to. I am tired of trying to make everyone else happy, and making myself unhappy in the process.
2. To make my husband a priority. We have been so busy, and 2009 was such a rough year, that I really need to spend some time focusing on him. Not easy with three toddlers, but we have joined a couples archery league at our church that should help. (Pray for me – I have never held a bow in my life. This is waaaay out of my comfort zone!) And, since this year is our 10th anniversary, we are hoping – and saving – for a week long trip to Alaska, just the two of us. I am not sure about leaving the kids for that long, but am really looking forward to some away time!
3. 52 books in 52 weeks – and to FINALLY get my nightstand cleaned out – and off! I also still have a bunch of devotional, study type books that I think I could really benefit from. I want to make it a priority to read one a month!
4. Scrapbooking – does this sound familiar? Well, in 2009, I completed all of 2007, 2008, and am up to December in 2009! That means it is doable in 2010 to catch up, and stay caught up!
5. To learn priorities – what is important, and if the list doesn’t get done, but I get time to play with the kids, or cuddle with Andy – that’s better!
6. To make Bible reading/devotions and prayer a priority.
7. To lose weight. I have been really bad about allowing myself to eat wrong, to not exercise, and to basically become lazy. I am feeling it physically, emotionally, and mentally, which isn’t fair to me, or my family. That has to stop! There will be no more junk in this house!
8. I did learn to knit in 2009. I know the basic stitches, and pretty much what I am doing. Now in 2010, I would like to finish a project - or two!
9. Another new thing. I have been fascinated by bobbin lace, and really want to try it this year! There is a big convention in Portland in 2010, so it couldn’t be better timing!
10. Finally – Andy and I dug a bit of a hole financially while I was unemployed. The hole is almost filled in, but I want to be out of debt, have a good savings account, and get the three projects (kitchen floor, roof, and flowerbeds) done this year!
Wish me luck!